Error 15 in Turbo Pascal 5.5
Ahsan
2006-07-16 07:53:36 UTC
Hi.

I am trying to make some changes in a program written in Pascal
(unknown version) and compile it in Turbo Pascal 5.5. The compiler
gives me the error "Error 15: File not found (INIT3.TPU)." I do have
the file init3.pas but the compiler gives me the same error with a
different .tpu file. The only mention of init3 in the code is the
statement uses init3;. My Pascal is very rusty and the last time I
worked in Pascal is 10 years ago. I was wondering if some body could
shed some light on this error for me and help me fix it or go around
it.

Thank you,
Bye,
Ahsan
Charles Appel
2006-07-16 11:49:13 UTC
Post by Ahsan
Hi.
I am trying to make some changes in a program written in Pascal
(unknown version) and compile it in Turbo Pascal 5.5. The compiler
gives me the error "Error 15: File not found (INIT3.TPU)." I do have
the file init3.pas but the compiler gives me the same error with a
different .tpu file. The only mention of init3 in the code is the
statement uses init3;. My Pascal is very rusty and the last time I
worked in Pascal is 10 years ago. I was wondering if some body could
shed some light on this error for me and help me fix it or go around
it.
It has been a while since I used TP 5.5, but
I think a complete Build of the project would be
the place to start.
--
Charles Appel
http://charlesappel.home.mindspring.com/
Chuck's Video Poker and Chuck's Toys
Heinrich Wolf
2006-07-17 20:11:56 UTC
Post by Ahsan
Hi.
I am trying to make some changes in a program written in Pascal
(unknown version) and compile it in Turbo Pascal 5.5. The compiler
gives me the error "Error 15: File not found (INIT3.TPU)." I do have
the file init3.pas but the compiler gives me the same error with a
different .tpu file. The only mention of init3 in the code is the
statement uses init3;. My Pascal is very rusty and the last time I
worked in Pascal is 10 years ago. I was wondering if some body could
shed some light on this error for me and help me fix it or go around
it.
Thank you,
Bye,
Ahsan
Hi,

check the settings of several directories:
Options - Directories - EXE & TPU Directory

Regards
Heiner
John
2006-07-21 14:20:36 UTC
Post by Ahsan
Hi.
I am trying to make some changes in a program written in Pascal
(unknown version) and compile it in Turbo Pascal 5.5. The compiler
gives me the error "Error 15: File not found (INIT3.TPU)." I do have
the file init3.pas but the compiler gives me the same error with a
different .tpu file. The only mention of init3 in the code is the
statement uses init3;. My Pascal is very rusty and the last time I
worked in Pascal is 10 years ago. I was wondering if some body could
shed some light on this error for me and help me fix it or go around
it.
Thank you,
Bye,
Ahsan
The compiler is looking for the unit INIT3.TPU If you do not have it
you can compile the source INIT3.pas into a unit and you should be good
to go.